Saturday, July 2, 2011

Self-talk...

...which shouldn't be confused with talking to yourself.

Self-talk is positive thinking reinforced by vocalizing those thoughts which transfer into positive action.
Talking to yourself is just to hear yourself say something.

Did that make sense?

So I've decided that it seems as if I'm doing a great deal of said "self-talk" lately...which is crazy because it's not like I have to be actually doing something difficult...it's summer for crying out loud!  Only...I've found my nemesis which is worse than any semester of college that I have done thus far...

WAITING.

I had a discussion with a friend of mine not too long ago and I told her that "to wait" was not an action.  She disagreed...quickly.  Especially if you add an adverb or phrase such as "patiently" or "with patience".


Which almost NEVER happens!



 Here I am...in the middle of summer...in my (mostly) Junior/(almost) Senior year of my undergrad...not having to work (yet)...wondering when my life is going to 'begin' (because, of course, burying a husband, raising 5 kids, and earning a degree from a top ranked Catholic university isn't LIVING...right?).  I've had to use this concept of "self-talk" to slow down my pace and look back at my grand achievements and tell myself that it's all leading up to something great.


...(turning down Playboy)...


So...until that happens...I (am trying to) look at each day as a step to that (arrow pointing at 'turning down Playboy') end.  I have to make myself believe that not only the hard work and dedication I put into working to shape my physique around that goal, but the everyday...mundane...dullness...doing the dishes...weeding...the list goes on...is also part of getting to that goal as well.  Everyday I'm ONE day closer to where I want to be...

 ...'Nuff said...

No comments: