Sunday, May 22, 2011

Passion...

...but not the kind YOU'RE thinking of.

Passion n. a great liking or enthusiasm.

THAT'S the definition I wanted...a big "THANK YOU" to Webster's Dictionary!

(Although...I'm good with the other definition as well, but don't get me started!)

Passion has been on my mind a lot lately because, heck, it's summer...school is over...I need to start moving my career in 'A' direction...ANY direction.  I just wanna get started on SOMETHING!  So, I've been talking with a good friend and it was brought up that finding out what you're passionate about is where you need to start in order to get started in a career...business...livelihood...whatever you want to call it. 
So I asked myself, "Self...what are you passionate about?"
"Well...I look in the mirror a lot."  I replied.
 "True," I said, trying not to laugh full out loud, "but how could we make money off of that?"
"You didn't ask that," my self replied, "you only asked what I'm passionate about.
I left it alone.  Sometimes you just have to leave things alone when you sense an argument coming on.
"OK...what else?" I asked.
I ended up making a list...
Passions
Monster energy drinks
Looking at myself in the mirror
Men Dwayne Johnson
Stripper heels
Getting some sort of pierce/tattoo

After writing these things out, I realized it was more of a "to-do" or "to-get" list and not so much of a "what-I-want-to-achieve-in-my-career" list.  I mean, if this were an ACTUAL passion list and I could coordinate all of these passions into a business, it would be me slamming down Monsters in stripper heels with Dwayne Johnson while looking in the mirror at my pierce/tattoo.  Which is all well and good, but I doubt anyone would want to pay money for that...

...or WOULD they...?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hahaha. I'm sure there are people who would pay for that. You just have to a)Get the Rock involved in this passion and b)tap the market.

You've got a plan now! Work it (in your stripper heels no less).

Shelli said...

I hear it's hard work breaking into high-end stripping. Good luck!