Monday, May 16, 2011

To train or not to train...

Ever want something so badly...but you don't know why?...or if it's the "right thing to do"?  Not sure where that 'wonder if it's the right thing to do' mentality came from except that it would make me leaner and meaner than I am now and that could be a dangerous thing.  I have decided to go ahead and train to become a better, leaner, and more confident me and I will tell you why...

1). I have come to far to NOT train.  For those who know me, I have risen as a Phoenix out of the ashes.  It has been a personal journey of wins and losses; of joy and pain; of achievement and triumph.

2). It will help me help others.  How can I tell someone that they have to climb a little higher to reach a goal when I'm not willing to do that myself?  Doesn't seem right...and I'll know the fears they will face because I have faced them.

3). I want that level of discipline in my life.  It seems to me that having that control over your mind and body you can do some marvelous things...BIG things...important things.  Helping others is top on my list...but I think the possibilities are endless.

4). I will be honest...and this may seem vain, but I want others to say..."DAMN!".  Not..."Damn, she looks great for her age!" but, "DAMN! She looks great [period...end of story]". 

5). To add it to my crowning achievements that I have worked so hard for.  I have not sat idly by and passively allowed life to take me where it wants me to go.  I have worked diligently to progress on a personal level to become closer to self-actualization...it makes sense that my body should reflect how I feel inside.  I would be doing myself a disservice to limit who I am personally.

Those are the "why's" as to the reason for my training, but what is the "what" you ask?

I plan on turning down Playboy.

No comments: