Thursday, September 16, 2010

I have a date...with the Buddha...

Yes...it's official.  The Buddha and I have been seeing each other on a regular basis for the past 2 weeks.  My parents don't know yet, but I'm sure they'll get used to the idea.  We have been sneaking around primarily because he is so famous and we haven't told his family yet either.  We don't want them to find out through the media.  That's just not nice.

Actually...I wonder how compatible he and I are for real.  I'm fairly (really) type A, and he's GOT to be type B...him being so laid back and all.  Would all of his meditating drive me bananas?  Would I feel like he's wasting time on his long meditation walks when the dishes need to be done?  What would happen during ANOTHER flea infestation in my house (because it happens every 3 years)?  Would he allow me to use the flea bombs to send those annoying creatures to their next level of Samsara?  These are questions every couple should ask themselves before taking the big plunge into matrimony.

I hope he doesn't bring up the question of more children...

So, yeah...our personality types are clearly opposite, but I think we could make it work.  Some say opposites attract.  It would take a guy like the Buddha to really tone me down.  Sometimes I get so worked up about things that I think..."Gosh, self, wouldn't it be nice just to have someone around to merely lean on and hold me still for one minute...ONE MINUTE...then I'd be ok".  He would be the ULTIMATE guy for that.  Full of peace and good karma...I'm finding that pretty sexy these days.

Wonder if he plays racquetball...?

I'm fairly certain we'd be compatible with the things we eat...only...I will NOT...under ANY circumstances...go vegetarian.  Nooooooooo way.  I hope that's not a deal breaker.  I can hear our conversation now...
"Dear...are you going to EAT that?"
"Hun...ummm...yes.  I love chicken."
"Dear...that could be my great-great-great grandmother."
"Hun...we talked about this.  I need meat."
"Dear...it has a soul.  That's bad karma you're bringing into our home."
"Hun...you know what bad karma is?  It's you leaving the toilet seat up."
"DEAR...dear...you know as well as I do that I always forget to put it down.  Is it REALLY that tough to put it down for me?"
"HUN...there are a few things I just cannot stand and leaving the toilet lid up is one of them."
"Dear...don't try to change the subject.  The original disagreement is about you eating people."
"Hun...I'm not eating a person...I'm eating chicken."

Then we end up agreeing to disagree.  'Cause really...who is going to give up on that one?  I just hope he understands that I come as a carnivore...take me or leave me.

I can let him leaving the toilet seat up slide.

So...to sum up...I'm pretty open to someone who is not just like me.  In fact, I think it would be very beneficial to find someone who is the extreme opposite.  Someone who will pull me aside from a day that I've had today and just say..."Hold still and calm down.  I'm here and nothing else matters".  And when he DOES hold me, I can actually feel his calmness and peace flood into me.  I don't want anyone for their money.  I will make my own living.  I don't want anyone to save me.  Everyday I pull myself out of the proverbial gutter and manage to get done what I need to; I am not looking for a knight in shining armor.  What I want is to have someone by my side who is strong enough to catch me when I'm falling, yet gentle enough to NOT smother me and choke who I am.

I want the Buddha.

5 comments:

The Letteer Family said...

Very cool post Esther! :)

The Letteer Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Letteer Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Letteer Family said...

Sorry, I accidentally clicked publish a couple too many times! :)

Unknown said...

It'd never work. You'd be wanting to get out your aggressions on a little blue ball, and Buddha would be harshin' on your buzz by telling you to accept the ball. To let go of anger. Of worse, he'd be all whiney about how you took him away from a perfectly good day of meditating to play racquetball or, gulp, lift weights!

However, a little Buddha and whole lot of Rock, a nice blend of Captain Moroni and we've got your man.