Monday, June 6, 2011

Inspiration...

...is sometimes over-rated.

I say that because I have noticed that I have not had any in a while.

(_______________<------inappropriate comment here)

But what I HAVE noticed is that, over time, things are coming together anyway.  That change doesn't happen with that sudden burst of genius, but great and lasting change happens over time.  It happens with small and simple changes in the way you think and the way you react to circumstances.  Sometimes you have these monumental things that happen in life which requires cataclysmic (I know, big word!) changes in how you do things or how you think...but mostly, the changes take place in the everyday instances which require stupid patience.

I'm not a patient person.

I like to be doing things to make things better, so when you tell me it's rest time or to wait...

STEP BACK or DUCK.

'Cause I really don't want to hear it.

I like to have things the way I want them...and I want things done fast...and I want them done yesterday.  It doesn't mean that's a bad thing...I don't think.  If I didn't have this flaw irritating wonderful part of my persona, I don't think I would have gotten this far with school or with raising kids on my own or anything else I've accomplished. 

Someone make it stop!

Don't get me wrong...I think there were/are many times I feel inspired, but I don't believe that inspiration alone will get the job done.  It takes hard work and dedication.

You can quote me on that when I turn down Playboy.




 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Inspiration is valuable so long as you have the ability to put it to use. Keep doing what you're doing. You inspire me!